1. Can the device convert and save the scanned document into editable format such as PDF, TXT?
Yes,Primarily the device converts the scanned document to speech and stores the output as text by default with option to save as pdf for future use and sharing.
2. Is it portable?
Yes, the device has a size comparable to pencil box (244 x 52 x 44 mm) along with reading time of 3 hours in one full charge.
3. What are the device requirements in terms of OS, CPU, RAM & HDD? Can it be connected to desktop/laptop via USB Port?.
The device is standalone.It has 32GB built-in storage memory and USB connectivity for further storage. It also has interfaces such as Bluetooth, Wifi, LAN, Headphone etc.
4. Can it handle multiple column documents?
5. What does the device do with figures and pictures in the document?
The device analyses the document as a complete page layout to segregate text, figures, tables, images, columns and then reads out the text content.
6. Can it handle Hindi and English texts simultaneously?
Yes, only when connected to cloud. User should also operate the device in primary language of the document to be scanned.
7. What is the minimum font size that the device can handle?
10 pt.Below 10 pt, you have very little chance of accurate results, and below about 8 pt, most of the output will be incomprehensible.
8. Can the device read a document from computer screen?
No, the device is primarily designed to read out printed text but since the document on screen is already in digitized form, so it can be given as an input to the device via cloud or pen drive in text, pdf or docx format to read out.
9. What fonts does the device support? Can it handle any type of fonts including some of the fancy ones?
It supports all fonts except cursive fonts.
10. Can the device be used for Handwriting recognition?
You can, but it won't work very well, as tesseract is designed for printed text. Though it still works with reasonable acccuracy if the hand written document is legibly written in capital letters.
11. Can the device be used for Barcode recognition?
No, tesseract is for text recognition.
12. Does the device allow multiple scans at a time? For example, in certain scenarios, one may not be able to cover the entire page in a single go and it may have to be done atleast twice.
Yes, the device has a provision of batch processing which allows the user to scan multiple pages in a single go.
13. How is the scan handled at the inner edges of the opened book near the binding edge? Can the device correct the curvature and shadows that occur at this edge?
For a book page it is convenient for the user to the scan the page in left to right or right to left direction.Moreover the scanner in the device is positioned taking care of the margin.
14. Is there a provision of selecting operating language in the device?
Yes, the user has to choose the language desired when the device is powered on (guided by voice command, using the keys provided).
15. Is a power adapter supplied with the device?
16. What types of external storages are supported?
The device has two USB ports to connect external storage devices such as pen drive.
17. What is the provision for audio output in the device?
The device has a built in speaker and an audio jack to connect headphones.
18. What to do if device is continuously beeping?
Due to low battery device is continuously beeping, therefore after shutting down the device you need to plugin the device.